You can request that the teller processes your World Remit / Mukuru / Small World and Senditoo Cash pickup, and you will receive the funds in foreign currency at any NMB Bank Branch.
When will funds be available to collect in Zimbabwe?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you in order to comply with our regulatory requirements before we can process your transfer. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can be sent for cash pickups in Zimbabwe?
US Dollars (USD) only.
How much can be sent for cash pickups in Zimbabwe?
There is no limit on receipts.
There may be lower limits depending on the country you are sending from and the payment method you use to fund the transfer.
What information is needed from the sender in order for the recipient to collect cash pickups from Zimbabwe?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. World Remit will need this number your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. World Remit will use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What does my recipient need to show when collecting funds in Zimbabwe?
Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- National ID
- Driver’s license
- Residence permit
Quote “WorldRemit” and the 8-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.
What is the Zimbabwe Diaspora Remittance Incentive Scheme (DRIS) and how does it affect my cash pickup transfer?
Please note: Effective 20 February 2019, the Zimbabwean government has discontinued The Diaspora Remittance Incentive Scheme (DRIS) programme.