1. What is World Remit
WorldRemit is an electronic money transfer service that creates convenience to both the sender and the receiver.
2. Where can one pick up their funds
Any NMB Branch
3. How long do deposited funds take to reflect in the receiver's account?
Usually within a few minutes.
4. What currencies can be sent for cash pickups in Zimbabwe?
US Dollars (USD) only.
5. How much can be sent for cash pickups in Zimbabwe?
There is no limit on receipts.
There may be lower limits depending on the country you are sending from and the payment method you use to fund the transfer.
5. What information is needed from the sender in order for the recipient to collect cash pickups from Zimbabwe?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. World Remit will need this number your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. World Remit will use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
6. What does my recipient need to show when collecting funds in Zimbabwe?
Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- National ID
- Driver’s license
- Residence permit (if one is a foreigner)
Quote “WorldRemit” and the 8-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.